Wave takes your Security seriously
- We monitor our networks through our local Network Operations Center, and we strive to provide responsive, enterprise-level customer service 24/7.
- Our fiber-optic voice service uses digital rather than analog technology between the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) and your premises for better security and fault tolerance.
- Wave uses Primary Rate Interface (PRI), a channelized digital trunk service, to connect a PBX system to the PSTN. The PRI interface is a worldwide standard supported by all PBX manufacturers
- Wave uses Session Initiated Protocol (SIP), a communications protocol, for signaling and controlling multimedia communication sessions. SIP is the standard for IP-PBX phone systems
- Wave offers local engineering, maintenance, and customer service
- We analyze our customer calling patterns to provide fast response time to issues
- We monitor traffic spikes and will notify you of any suspicious activities.
If you have a PBX system, you need to make sure it is secure against potential fraud. Here are tips to ensure your equipment is secure.
- Update system and voicemail passwords frequently, at least every 90 days.
- Restrict access to passcodes and remove former employee access immediately.
- Only allow international calls to your specific regions and block the remaining countries.
- Regularly review call logs to determine if unauthorized calls were made.
- Ensure the PBX is in a secure area with limited access.
- Your PBX provider is your main point of contact. Ensure all fraud protection options are deployed.
- If you have experienced fraud, contact your local law enforcement agency, and file a report with the FBI. This link provides additional information http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx
- If you have a PBX system, Hosted Voice service from Wave is a secure voice alternative. Learn more.